View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 04:09 PM   #9
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Ok so after a week or so with the 3.77 gears in the back, I have to say the money and time and effort spent on this was not worth it.

There is some issue with the CCM or TCM or something that makes the part throttle shifts in the lower gears happen way to late and not at the correct MPH you command in HP Tuners. It feels like maybe the performance shifting algorithm or grade breaking feature that modifies the shift points under certain situations is taking over for whatever reason, maybe becuase it dosen't recognize the new gear ratio, and is holding the part throttle shifts to long.

Also I used bluecat tool to get my WOT shifts corrected and the tool got them perfect, it now shifts right at 6950rpms, unless of course the tires spin then it will bang the rev limiter in first gear, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that unless we raise the rev limit, or try to modify the acceleration cut off parameters in HP Tuners, but like everything else a lot of the stuff in HP Tuners doesn't work.

With all this supposed "pandemic tragedy" I have no chance at getting track times, but I can say unofficially going from 2.77 gears to 3.73 hasn't improved times at all. It does seem additionally that it makes traction more difficult. I have had launches with no spin, but I couldn't get into it fully, I had to roll into it slower. I have however, had my fastest 0-60 and 1/8th time of 3.51 (3.29 w/rollout) and 7.48@93.74. My previous best was 7.54@97.22.

It completely baffles me how the car isn't faster now given the lower gears, I hear people say "oh but you have to shift more", I am just not really a believer that shifting makes that big of a difference, although I haven't done the math to back it up.

I am thinking of trying to find a 3.27 differential from a RS manual, but at this point its so demoralizing wasting all this money for no noticeable improvements.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote