View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #13
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Now having said all of that, I don’t regret my decision. I am a performance guy first so it is in my nature to buy the best performance car I can get. That being said I still REALLY wish I had an s197 coyote next to my 6th gen SS. I LOVE it’s playful nature. It’s more fun in some ways than my SS is.

Yes I consider that the 6th gen Camaro SS MT has a very well rounded personality, almost perfect.

The only thing that I missed from my S197 was the amazing sounding exhaust sound, which I also improved with my GT500 muffler replacement and resonator delete, the NPP on my Camaro SS doesn't compare with that amazing exhaust sound, and the usability of that Mustang rear seat space, on the Camaro there is no rear space for adults.
The looseness or playfulness of the Mustang suspension was fixed with an upgrade to wider 275s instead of the stock 255s tires. Yes the S197 5.0 is a joyful drive. "It should be", because after my test drive, I didn't care of replacing my Porsche 911 Carrera with it.
The pure Muscle car power feeling, nothing compares to drive a V8, RWD with a manual stick, the roar of the V8 and its exhaust is intoxicating addictive, pure adrenaline joy to the ears it make your heartbeat.

The 6th gen Camaro is a great well balanced out of the box sport car, near perfect.
After driving my Camaro SS with pleasure any time that I have the opportunity of driving it, I don't care for any BMW,

probably the only thing that I miss was the looks of my previous Corvette C7.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the playful nature as well as the exhaust note... I still have my 2012 GT. It’s now my “beater” car, since I upgraded from the SS to the Z. the GT is a ton of fun on a budget. I bought mine with a big rebate and it was one of the last 2012’s being shipped when I scoffed it up for $26.5K (base model GT). Added the Gt500 axle backs, FRRP tune, aluminum driveshaft, adjustable pan hard bar, bigger wheels and tires, a couple cheap speakers for the fronts, adjustable Koni yellows, steeda lowering springs, adjustable camber plates, topped off with a MGW race spec shifter and steeda clutch spring. All in I have maybe 31K into the car. It handles fantastic, as long as you’re under 110MPH... otherwise the steering feel is pretty vague / uninspiring. The car is very quick, I like the ease of getting in and out of and in general the simplicity / raw feel when you lay into with the nannies off. The best part of the GT, it’s rock solid reliability,(almost at 25K miles now). As for the GT’s bad spots, the SS is more refined, has better high speed control and handling, the torque is way easier to tap into.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote