View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 02:25 PM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I am pretty close but not quite. I had a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with M6 trans, a 2015 Mustang GT Premium with M6 trans, and I traded both for my 17 ZL1 A10. So it is safe to say that I could give you info on certain things that are general among both vehicles but nothing specific to the 6th Gen SS or the S197 Coyote.

I will say that performance wise I do not think the S197 Coyote can match the 6th Gen SS at all in any way shape or form in any performance aspect from a stock to stock comparison point. The only GT that can bang heads with the 6th Gen SS is the 3rd Gen coyote powered Stangs (18+). And even then only in certain categories. On a track the SS will eat the GT up. In a straight line it is basically up to how the GT is optioned and driver ability. I would say that anyone coming from a S197 GT will probably be wowed by the 6th Gen SS and the 18+ GT but not soo much by the 15-17 GT since they got slower despite a HP bump...due to extra weight from going IRS and other stuff.

Going back to my 15 GT, bone stock it was no match for the 6th Gen SS. It would have needed FBO to keep up with a stock SS. I had Mustang and Camaro friends and the Mustang guys with mods were losing to the 16 SS guys who were bone stock. But when boost is thrown into the equation the GT starts to shine and can outmuscle the SS very easily. That is if it can get the power to the ground effectively and efficiently.

But since you are talking about the S197 Coyote, I do not think they can compare to the 6th Gen SS at all. Not when talking about all around performance. The SS is just a phenomenal car and a very good performance bang for the buck. The biggest issue will be getting used to the poor visibility and lack of storage space in the Camaro. Also it sits low and is difficult to get in and out of. The door is quite long and requires more space than the Mustang does to open wide enough to squeeze out of. However the Camaro seems to have much more sturdier and durable interior materials and seats. The Mustang feels cheap on the inside. The Camaro has a much better sound system unless you opt for the 401a GT which has the subwoofer and upgraded speakers. The Camaro has much better brakes and cooling capacity than the Mustang does. The Camaro has a stronger trans although I'll argue that the Mustang's engine can handle much more power on stock internals. The SS for sure has the better suspension and they come standard with much better tires. And the Camaro has more features and options than the Mustang does on a price by price comparison scale.

Overall I do think the SS is the better car.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote