View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 12:59 AM   #35
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
No first hand advice here, but second hand a ZL1 buddy with G3Rs and 3.5F camber corded his new tires in a day. I find it very weird that he would not discuss his recommendations incl pros/cons with you and instead will call your shop. What are you? Chopped liver?!

On a related subject, if these mods will cost you $4.5k (if i recall correctly), you may as well consider DSSV kit, as it starts to look like you're about to build out a race car.
Whatever you do dont spend your money twice
I think I will probably only buy the lower control arms for $700 USD (for camber and roll Center correction for lowered car) and perhaps the Front tension rods $600 USD (the BMR bearing I’ve already replaced and castor adjustment) so
I can increase camber to some thing around 3 or 3.5 considering that I already have the rears at -2

The $5000 figure was if I bought every single part SPL offered for my car. He also has no problem sharing the alignment spec goals, I just didn’t want to know how to set up all the parts in order to get there

I have thought about the DSSV‘s considering I would think they would pay a bigger dividend considering just how many corners I have on my local track, however I really don’t want to ruin the ride quality of the vehicle when I drive on the street, even though it’s not a daily driver. Having said that I mostly only driving on the highway now.

There seemEd to be a few guys who switched their MRC to DSSV and gained very minimal time on the track. however it was an extremely low sample size, I imagine it’s also very driver dependent and very track dependent as well. I can’t help but wonder how much of a difference the DSSV would make when doing 19 corner in 1 minute 20 seconds

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 11-15-2020 at 01:09 AM.
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote