View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 01:05 PM   #103
argus

Drives: 18 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
In scrolling back a couple posts, there’s a 2021 that broke what I’m assuming is the most up to date part. When my 19 sits in the sun, on relatively warm day, both of mine creak and flex as the top goes up. I think it’s inevitable that they’ll both fail at some point. Not the end of the world, but disappointing. At least the parts don’t break the bank and are easy to replace.
Good point. I just saw that in post #86. But after seeing the below from KLG, there has definitely been some reinforcement added in conjunction with one of the part # revisions at some point in time. I was about ready to post a very similar photo. My part just arrived today, having the reinforced spring mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post

Photo 1: Yellow circle shows the additional reinforcement on the arm that retains the spring.

--KLG--

My photo follows, showing the old and new parts (of course the spring and mount are gone from the old one, yet to be located!). Will post back if the new design fails!
Attached Images