View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #33
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Not a fan of the design but all the rumour mills are pointing to the new civics being underrated from the factory. It's going to get real interesting in the econobox league.
The underated rice myth has an actually factual bases. But let my tackle the myth. 1) The engines are SAE certified. You are getting what you paid for period. The is ZERO change of rolling an under rated engine.
2) These ricers all dyno and the use STD as a correction factor which is unicorn HP, and correction factors are developed for NA engines and are not applicable to forced induction.

Not let me address the true part about the Type R myth. Even Road and Track noted that their production car was SIGNIFICANTLY slower than their sample car from Honda. Honda's Nurbering run with a "stock" Type R is not even closely repeatable with a production Type R.

At 36K plus 10 to 15K dealer markup I would not call the car an "econobox".

If Honda built a type R on the coupe or sedan, I would own one. But the hatch back is nothing but a hot mess.

I've owned and raced many Hondas. Currently own a sleeved 2.1 liter Integra type R at 2400 lbs and 275 HP at 9200 RPM... I call it the Challenger R/T eliminator.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote