View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 06:12 PM   #43
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I've owned two Challengers since 2009, one supecharged, my bro owned a full built Charger and then an SRT8 with bolt-ons, all setup by the oldman. I'll make this most broad statement. The Challenger has and is a very dated chassis, it is overburden and bulky. The rear tire size is limited and there is no way to get the weight off the front. There is all kinds of strange hinky pivot on both the front and aft suspension, mainly on the front. This was kind of addessed in 2011 but not really. But the weight, the Challenger is NOT tossable by any means, the weight will come back and byte you at anytime. Once you get 4500 lbs sliding out or misbehaving on 255 to 275 tires, you ARE in trouble period. The car really IS NOT FUN to drive in anything but a straight line. Don't get me wrong I really like the Challenger / Charger for the smooth ride, the room and in 2009 the looks. But this PLATFORM is so eclipsed by the Alpha, that really it is only a straight line one trick (awesome trick) pony.

The Alpha is so much lighter and the suspension, engine cradle, aluminum wheel wells, cooling, on and on are just so much more modern. Heck for a long time it was hard to determine which models of the Challenger came out with aluminum arms, Camaro it is all aluminum or sheet steel. Same goe with hubs etc. GM just took hundreds of pounds off, the Challenger is traveling with 30 year old Benz parts.

Still love the car but is yesterday's news... Straightline with DRs, there is some respect...but on street tires there is no way to launch or stop or turn 4500 lbs..

No way I'd go back, even if I won the lottery.. the car has too much weight, too little tire and a dated chassis.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote