View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 10:20 AM   #12
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZl1 View Post
It’s a separate one piece skirt on the ZL1, it bolts on like any other SS skirt. Yeah it extends beyond the door into the rear fender, but so does the SS one. it’s still just a bolt on piece. The OEM skirt on my ‘18 ZL1 looks just like the “ZL1 Style” pics above from C7. My point was that I don’t see why they don’t make one that fits the ZL1, they all say theirs won’t fit the ZL1.
I'm not sure you understand. If you do, then my apologies. But the part that extends to the front of the rear tire on a true ZL1 is all one piece with the rocker below. Its not separate.

The SS didn't have a rocker at all so guys like C7 Carbon can make an addon easily that just bolts to the bottom. If they had to make one for a ZL1, they would have to design a two-tone piece. Since everyone has different color cars, I'd assume they would either have to custom paint each one which would be expensive or every customer would have to have it painted themselves. That would probably hinder sales and is really not worth it for C7 to even try.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak