View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:09 PM   #2977
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Were the LT1 engines not SAE certified also? I believe they were. And many of them were making 405 to the wheels. Which means that 455 number they gave was very underrated. Again I do not know if it was SAE but I think they were. If that is the case then I fully expect the C8 engine to be putting like
455-470 to the wheels. Which is what the C7s claimed to have at the crank. Or 40-60 more than what the C7s were making at the wheels. That alone is more than enough to drop ET by a significant amount.

And what about aerodynamics? Perhaps the C8 is by far superior to the C7 in that regard. I doubt it is any one of these things alone but everything put together that could allow the C8 to achieve more than the C7 Z06 could. Remember, GM switched to this design in the first place because the front engine design was very limited. It could be that the C8 took a huge jump ahead.

And I will repeat, comparing the C8 to the C7 Z06 looking at only the numbers is what many people are mistaken. You can't just keep looking at "650" vs "495" and finding it incomprehensible that the C8 Z51 is superior. Nor can you compare it to the other cars with ME design and more HP. Perhaps all those other ME cars are not as good as what GM could produce when only performance is the focus. We already saw that GM was keeping up with many of those Supercars in the past. Now with a better design I find it possible that GM could surpass them even if they have more HP or forced induction or AWD.

But we'll know next Thursday for sure.
We can't compare it to other mid engine cars because GM is going to do it better on their first try then companies that have been doing it for decades got it lol That made me chuckle because it reads very fanboyish

Like I said, road course I could easily see it besting the Z06.

It's the pure acceleration I can't figure out. No matter how good and efficient the platform is eventually weight and horsepower are going to come into play. All I am saying is based on real world evidence from other similar vehicles it doesn't seem likely to be a sub 11 second car is all. You can happily serve me up crow if I am wrong lol.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 08-09-2019 at 02:30 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote