View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 08:51 AM   #2970
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
That is all I need to hear. These guys have nobody to lie to and nothing to lie about. Even if the Z51 did not outperform the Z06 it still would sell out. So you don't make that statement on a vehicle that is already gonna sell for no reason.
I agree this car was going to sell like hotcakes no matter what.

Quote:

You keep saying that you want it to be true. Yet you keep trying to find reasons for it to not be true. Even when I mentioned that GM could be severely underrating the engine. Even when I mentioned what the C7 can do and compared the C8 differences as upgrades. So I can't make heads or tails of what you really want to believe.
I want it to be true, I just don't want to be disappointed if when numbers are released it's not as good as some people here are pumping it up to be. I would rather be wrong and pleasantly surprised then believe the hype and be disappointed. Just some of the numbers this car would have to hit, no other mid engine car does with out having more power or less weight.

Quote:
Do I think it's a tall order for GM to beat the outgoing Z06 with the new ME C8 Z51? Not one bit. I did think it was impossible. But if the guy who designed and tested both cars says it is true then who are we to argue? No one aspect is going to produce those results. But everything put together can. Gearing, ME design, tuning, tires, new chassis, engine, all of it works together. And small improvements in each of these areas could yield drastic results especially if Chevy is behind it all. Plus the C7 Z06 is a 5 year old platform that is unchanged. So for sure there is new technology out there that is being used that exceeds what was done 5 years ago. I think you are going to be stunned when they reveal the performance of this car. August 15th is the date.
I think having it be able to out do the C7 Z06 on a road course is entirely possible. That I have no trouble believing. The only thing I have trouble believing is the acceleration.

Lets say the specs for the Z51 come out and just for S&G say GM claims an 11.2 for the 1/4. That to me would be an amazing time, as its almost 3/4 of a second off the C7. That does not best the Z06 though are you going to be disappointed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
I am going to go out on a limb and say that the 495 horsepower rating is very underrated. I'd even go as far to say that it will dyno AT 495-500 hp AT the rear wheels.
It can't be underrated, its SAE certified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
The power figures have been SAE certified, so the figures are not underrated.

That said, it should be close enough to Z06 performance until you hit about triple digits, when traction is no longer an issue for the supercharged beast.

On a tight course, the base C8 should also be right there with the more powerful car.

However, anything that involves speeds beyond double digits is probably going to favor the Z06.

Personally, I have no problem giving up the LT4 power for a Z51 C8 w/MRC. If you're a drag racer, well, the base C8 probably isn't the car for you, although it certainly won't be a slouch. Low-mid 11s all day long.
I think this is accurate ^ On tight courses I think the C8 will beat the C7 Z.

The only thing I have trouble wrapping my head around is the acceleration.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote