View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #48
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_swiSS View Post
I've been dailying my 6MT 2SS to and from work ever since I got it. At first, I had trouble getting used to the clutch, as the bitepoint is very high up in the pedal travel (was used to the opposite lol). Since my underground car park is at a slope, I quickly learned and now I can park just as easily as my AT car (Reverse uphill out the space, with inches between wall and snout of the car, no hill-hold assist).

I also stalled it a few times in traffic (bit embarrassing lol), but now 1200 miles later I have no more issues even in dense start-stop traffic.

As for comfort, I'm in love with the car. The moment I drop into the Recaros, I'm the "zone". Due to the high window line and the shape of the cabin, I feel immensely safe in the car. MRC does an amazing job day to day at adapting even to bad roads and I can honestly say it's the best suspension I've experienced so far (Coming from a line of German cars). Visibility did take a little time to get used to, but I find the mirrors to be very good (in Europe, we get the huge SUV mirrors with built-in blind spot monitoring standard). When the 3 mirrors are set correctly, I have no visibilty issues at all.

In addition, the car has all the amenities and features I want in a car (I work in IT, so gadgets and screens are important to me.) Bluetooth connects to my S9 before I've even sat down and buckled my belt, Android Auto works flawlessly and the Bose system is a delight IMO. The central display provides all teh information you'd want a car nerd! I keep my display on the oil temp gauge most of the time.

One thing I was surprised by was how well the car can do the balance between sporty spirited driving and relaxed cruising. You can have it both ways, and both ways feel awesome, the car adapts to my mood perfectly.

What never gets old is the sound! I advise everyone with NPP to pull their fuse immediately, the car then always sounds great and you don't have the weird rattling "effects" of the valves. Tunnel runs are a blast, and I've given myself tinnitus on more than one occasion.

The only things that bother me a little is that there is limited storage in the cabin, the tight trunk opening and that the rear seats are indeed useless, because I keep the front seats all the way back (6'2" with long legs).

At first I was scared to daily drive it, thinking it would be more similar to a supercar, but all in all it is a very docile and super easy to drive car! I turn heads almost everywhere I go and the kids love it!

PS: Parking has turned into a real chore! No spot is ever good enough!
Thank you for write up! So I’m guessing you have the 1LE package? Or did you just get the Recaros separately? There’s a 2SS 1LE CPO near me and I’m curious if the Recaros are comfy or not. Does the heating/ventilation still work with the Recaros?
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote