View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #12
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Eric10905: Every track is fun. Admittedly, the 1000 feet elevation or carousel and its 1.4 g turn will be missed, but the states circuits are still quite enjoyable.

Eldi Z: I added a larger pulley than OEM (2.7 now) so boost is only 10.5 at redline - equates to 630 CHP (see my build thread for further detail). 98 is my goal although I still have some Torco I'm using up.

5.M0NSTER: Of course, theoretical is just that. This track's speed, armco the entire way, blind corners, lumps/jumps, and traffic all mean near impossible feat for many of us.

Traffic: some of the best laps were doing early stages of COVID where travel was severely restricted for most. Almost a clear lap...but even then a car or few would be a chicane. The Camaro is quite fast...and typical early weekend tourist times have upwards of 140-175 cars on track at once!

Speed: I've been able to get over most anxiety at other tracks after a few laps, but not this one...I still let off on the high speed sections. I've not gone this fast before except Daytona on a track - just not the room (by design). Nonetheless, 165 mph on the first straight is no issue.

The post-Bergwerk run (up a significant incline which the video doesn't show) is an easy 5th gear run...I've done ~150 thru there, but could do more if I wasn't scared with blind corners.

The foxhole approach is 150 mph and then under braking and heavy compression of the suspension...another area you can't see in the video. Hard to tell how the car is ultimately going to act...until possibly too late.

7:44 is all I've got (with blower). Stock 1LE was a 7:53. I'm sure those time will be surpassed. More laps = more confidence and knowledge. A lap is ~$35. :-)

Interestingly, I only added the blower to see some better speed on the autobahn - other than valve springs, it returns 190 mph (GPS).

Wish I could get in on an autocross to see how it reacts to cones...and a current quarter mile time.

It still gets 21+ on cruise...pretty impressive car for the price, certainly! And that exhaust note is just incredible...This modern Chevy is quite a success in my book.