View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 11:55 PM   #10
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
Based on the comments in this thread I figured I’d try the Legato axle back, especially at $150 shipped. I was contemplating just a straight pipe based on some opinions but I just didn’t like the idea of basically going muffler-less. Also, I just hated the way the stock mufflers look so even if the sound was exactly the same, it was worth it for appearance sake.

Install was straight forward, except definitely just cut at 7” back from the hanger instead of the 9”. It does warn you to check before you cut. It’s kind of cramped under there so be careful you don’t hit the control arm, differential or axle. Use a new, short metal blade and it cuts right through the stock pipe. Cut one side at a time and test fit before you cut the other. Make sure the clamp doesn’t block the diff drain plugs.

After I cut both sides and test fitted I wanted to see how it sounded with no mufflers. Maybe it just because I’m older but to me it sounded loud and crappy. I’m glad I didn’t go the straight pipe route. The Legatos have a nice, slightly louder than stock sound with a nice rumble. Directly behind the car you can definitely hear the difference but inside with the windows up not so much.

No telling how long these will hold up but I don’t put a lot of miles on this car, especially in rain or snow. The quality seems decent and the fit was fine. If you’re on a budget these aren’t bad at all.
I'm glad you like them. They really surprised me with the quality, especially for the price point - I was also surprised at how much care was taken with their packaging compared to other brands I have owned. If you ever decide to go with long tubes they really sound amazing and get much louder, but still go a good job keeping the tone clean.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote