View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 12:46 PM   #63
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
But is that because you have it listed as more miles?

Mine is about the same even though I have double the miles listed - that's with Geico.

Could also be based on values - my truck is about the same value / MSRP as my Camaro FWIW.

But if you had a 10 year old truck, I bet that would be cheaper - at least based on similar miles assuming your insurance company does rates based on miles / year.
Covid aside and I have Geico also, the miles are listed the same. The truck has a higher value. The premium is really close for both but still more. And you could say the same if the Camaro was 10 years old.

EDIT: My point and maybe just where I live but the vehicle itself has little to do with the cost to insure. Well the average car, including a Camaro, even a SS. Even for a new 16 year old driver. Replacement value is the biggest as well as the amount of damage the said vehicle could do in an accident

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.

Last edited by FarmerFran; 02-26-2021 at 01:16 PM.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote