View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #3562
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Mustang guys want (and need) every advantage they can get. If it were up to them they'd put the CF GT500 up against the ZL1 instead of the ZLE. I mean it's not enough that the GT500 has an extra 110 HP, DCT, and is $10K more than the ZL1. And it's not enough that the ZL1 took on the GT350R (which was the best Mustang at the time) instead of the non-R. And then they completely bypassed testing the ZLE against any Mustang because it would have been a total slaughter. But the GT500 can't go up against the ZLE according to newmoon, lol! Give me a break. They probably won't put it up against the ZLE because they wanna protect their buyer's feelings. They don't want to see their new ultimate Mustang get roasted by a 3 year old Camaro.

I say bring it on anyway they want it. ZL1 against both GT500s for all I care. I don't have much faith that the GT500 is going to work wonders.
Here is what Al had to say about the GT500 almost two years ago.

Bueller ...Bueller ...Bueller

Quote:
Ford just teased the GT500. Where do you see the GT500 vs. ZL1 rivalry going?

I think they’ve got a lot to catch up on. They haven’t had anything for a while. I think our SS 1LE pretty much put the GT350R in second place, all around. Anybody that’s evaluated them head-to-head, it’s a better deal on price and performance. So the ZL1 is our triple-threat car, best of the track, street, and strip. We’ve pushed the limits with the ZL1 1LE, so we’ve got a nice ZL1 package, depending on what your needs are. We’ve put the bar pretty high. We’ve shown in two generations it’s not only about horsepower, it’s “can you get that horsepower to turn?” Is their mission to be street/strip? Is their mission to be a triple threat like we are? We’re ready. We’ve seen them around town in camouflage and so on. Again, I love the fact that we keep swinging at each other because it keeps the segment relevant and it keeps people asking, “What are you doing next?” We’re never going to stop, but we’ve done quite a bit to raise the bar on the ZL1 family.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...iser-interview

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote