View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #3560
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I am going to go ahead and say it, flame suit on and buttoned up. This CPC 5.2 has the potential to be(in my opinion only) the best engine offering in this generation of pony cars.

I thought the same about the Voodoo, and was sadly mistaken, but I feel like I can assume they did this CPC right(not sure why lol).

Anyway, it sure does sound amazing in this video.

In this Generation I'd have to agree with the Demon engine being more notable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I don't post much in this thread, but I read it every day...LOL
I just don't get the Ford Fan boys, are you guys loaded with cash? LOL
I paid 58k for my 18 HBM A10 pdr, CF hood etc. loaded. BRAND NEW

I just priced a base GT500 with my options, with no HUD on the gt500 I think.
87K, 87!!!!!! eighty seven thousand dollars!!!
For what? 110Hp and lower TQ?
How can you compare the 2 cars at this point???? Sure if the GT500 was 3k MORE than what I paid, I'd say jump on it.

My kid told me last night hey dad the M5 comp edition is faster than your car, LOL
Told him it better be!!! Son, We both could have ZL1's for ONE M5!!
I could send my kid to college on the price difference on these 2 cars.

I digress.... 87k plus markup, GTFO
It isn't even the price that surprises me. What surprises me is the fact that these guys are soo drunk on loyalty that even when Ford prices the only competitor to the $64K ZL1 soo far out of reach that none of them can even afford it and they will defend the price. First off, if I was not buying the car I wouldn't even care about it. Second, if GM priced the Camaro or Corvette that far out of my reach and tried to compare it to a car that is $10K - $30K cheaper then I would have jumped ship long time ago. It makes no sense. Even the GT350R is $5K more expensive putting the non-R at ZL1 prices and the R more expensive than the ZLE. Ford basically sold out. They have no intentions of pricing these cars according to what their fans can afford. These cars are priced at the point where outside enthusiasts like Porsche and BMW owners are the only ones who will buy it. GM on the other hand priced the C8 under $60K so that average guys who want to upgrade from the 6th Gen SS can do so. Matter of fact even the C8 is cheaper than the GT350 non-R. So to me these guys shouldn't even be defending Ford or the GT500. Ford and Dodge both are pushing the prices too high for average people. GM is the only one putting performance at a good price value.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote