View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #34
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
The Bullet isn't really all that special. I really don't get all the Bullet Hype.
Bullitt does have a few performance upgrades that split the difference between a PP1 and a GT350. If history repeats itself, a lot of these upgrades and maybe more will find there way into GT PP1 when GT350 is gone and replaced by GT500.

I like what Ford did here. I own a Fifty. Nice special edition package for 2017. But the mechanicals are identical to any other 2SS Convertible. With Bullitt, Ford spiced the deal with 20 more horses and some performance parts not available on GT PP1. Of course, they’re charging a lot more for it. The Fifty package was an extra $1,750 (I think) over the 2SS. Bullitt is $12k over the base Mustang GT. But then once you add in the PP1 and Premium packages, the gap winds up somewhere around $5k. Closer to the price difference from a 1SS to a 1SS 1LE. And the performance gap is likely on par with the gap between a 1SS and a 1SS 1LE, except more from a drag strip perspective than a track perspective.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote