View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Like i mentioned in the tuning thread for the lgx. it seems like very little was left on the table by GM if all they got was basically single digit gains and it seems like a lot of money if I can't even customize the tune in any way.

The only way it would make any sense is if it also cleaned up the light throttle (dead zone / non-linear acceleration) issue. But it makes no mention of fixing that. And people complain about that issue far more with the V6 than having a way of turning off AFM - which isn't even a problem on the v6 like it is for some people on the v8.
I'd say give it time.

Diablosport on the 5th gen said "very little was left on the table by gm" and a lot of other jazz when they didn't have any support for the lfx engine.

Then hp tuners came out and people were gaining 20-30 hp with basic boltons and a tune from Matt @ FSP. Various other tuners using hp tuners gained in the same range.

more than likely, this engine will be no different with plenty of gains to be had from tuning. And hopefully diablosport comes out with their tuning as the trinity and in tune are great interfaces to use and can be self done. And if the canned tunes aren't enough, you can get a CMR tune.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote