View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 07:13 AM   #16
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
It will hook up and flex out of the hole, it can catch itself while spinning from getting hotter and sticky so you don't have to really pedal the car like you would on a radial. Yours not having a lot of sidewall may not flex as much, and may not be lose on the big end like the Hoosier was for me on my older car.
It's also going to heat up a lot different than the radial does.
I like the idea of not having to pedal the launch as much. That's probably going to throw me off at first. I've developed an instinct to lift the throttle slightly when it starts to spin - just enough to hook in the power band. It's really tough to get it just right. My hope is that I'll be able to apply more power much sooner without activating that blood-sucking torque limiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
I have an M6 as well and getting all that car at once is certainly different than the auto. The TM system on my car is very mild compared to the stock set up because it's been tuned out of it, but your car probably pulls all sorts of timing from you off the line just from that over active TM system! It's frustrating haha. Tuning it is nothing like it was on the LS platform. You can't just go in and shut that off anymore. You have to trick it with funny air tables and things of that nature (I don't know exactly because I didn't tune this car.)
The intrusive torque management is the single most disappointing thing about the ZL1. I love the car but this is so frustrating... Still, I do enjoy a challenge. It's certainly been that trying to work around the TM.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

--Cal
cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote