View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #27
Indy48
16 2SS INDY Festival 48

Drives: 16 Camaro Indy Festival Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
Cool story! Congrats on your purchase! Cool car indeed
Thank you very very much my friend! I've got to tell you a little story about your cars picture. Growing up, I had a 1970 Dodge Challenger 440 magnum. I loved that car. So I added up custom ordering a go mango 2016 challenger this year on May 29. For whatever reason, FCA could not get my car off of the boxcar it was housed in for 12 days to get it to the dealership before my loan preapproval expired.

One day, while waiting at the Dodge dealership for the car to hopefully arrive, I walked across the street to the Chevrolet dealership to look at the Camaros. All of a sudden, I see this hyper blue 2SS. I fell in love at first sight with that car because of its color and how beautiful it looked. That's your car my friend! That's how I fell in love with these cars. The sales person gave us a ride in it and truly showed us how well the car drove. I knew at least in my opinion, it was superior to the Scat Pak Challenger. But I'm a man of my word and I stayed true to the deal for the car I had ordered.

Two days before my loan approval was to expire the Dodge dealership told me they couldn't guarantee my challenger could arrive in time. I knew what I wanted, it would have to be a 2016 Camaro 2SS but if I got one I wanted it to be the convertible because if my brother ever had to sit in the backseat I wanted to make sure that he had enough headroom.

This IndyCar was the first car I called on. I didn't even know that they existed. It was far outside of my price range but I was raised that you have to ask because you already have a "no" you can only gain a "yes" by asking so, I called the Indiana dealership and gave them my best price. They called me back about an hour later and said we were still $2200 apart.

So, I called on other Camaro 2SS convertibles. I really wanted the magnetic ride, The dual mode exhaust and the spectrum lighting. It looked pretty hopeless to be able to find a car configured that way. But I had a strange feeling about that car, I told my mentally disabled brother that sat next to me in that 1980 Indy turbo Trans Am in March of 80' "someday I'm gonna get one of these." After calling the Indiana dealership, I had a strange feeling that that car was supposed to be ours. I told my brother that after I got off the phone. I take. care of my brother full time.

It made no sense because the car was so highly priced. After calling dozens of dealers around the country finally at 5 PM Pacific time I called the Dodge dealership to cancel my order of the Challenger and get my deposit money back. No kidding… Within 20 minutes the Indiana dealership called me back and said they had talked to the owner who is on vacation in Florida at the time and he said he would accept my offer.

I literally cried like a baby. It was an emotional moment for me that I really can't describe to you. It was for me, the "perfect car" has the date of my mothers death on the door and strangely enough that same date was the day I ordered that Dodge Challenger.

It's nice to share the stories finally with other enthusiasts. In my life, I've been blessed to own a 1969 Z/28, 1972 Camaro, 1984 Z/28, 1985 IROC Z28 and a 1989 RS Camaro. By far, this is the nicest, most well balanced and believe it or not, fastest car I've ever owned. I think this car could have beaten my 1969 Z/28 in a quarter mile run.

Your kind words truly mean a lot and I'm very grateful for them. Thank you for taking the time to share them with me.

Larry
Indy48 is offline   Reply With Quote