View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 07:21 AM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Edelbrock Lid spacer 2650 and duplicate insert

Hello,

I'm getting a quote for a 1 inch lid spacer for the Edelbrock 2650 for another member just seeing if there is anyone else interested so I can cut some all at once. I had a local company cut me some close to 3 years ago and they work perfectly. I wish Matt would of did some before and after test.

I don't know anyone making 1004 on mustang or 1044 on hub dyno with a 8.3 lower and 3 inch upper. The kong porting, 112mm TB, and lid spacer probably all contribute to that.. I set this up to be the most efficient way possible.

On a camaro SS you probably have enough room with no cutting the hood but don't quote me. I figure since my wife runs the 2300 edl. and the stock tower brace which sticks up quite a bit, there's room.

On a ZL1 you can run up to a 5/8 for sure and 3/4 will have slight rub on the LPE insert if the insert has fallen a tad but if its held up tight the 3/4 fits. 1 inch will fit no problem if you use a heat gun an remove the glued on plastic brace for the metal cover which has to be mod'd anyhow but no carbon insert can be used for 1 inch to fit.

Material: Plate 6061-T6 Alum water jet cut

I also will be making the insert as well I just received my vacuum infusion pump to pull resin and vacuum bag at same time.

I have had the mold for sometime but it took a while for the better pump to become available.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote