View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #150
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Reading threads like this makes me wonder a few things....

How many people here ever turned wrenches for a living and I mean for like a decade, not one time at band camp?

How many people here that aren't mechanics have done true heavy lifting, like actually building an engine or a transmission?

Or barring the above two, rebuild a vehicle in near total minus farming out the above mentioned stuff?

There is no such thing as quality anymore, dismiss it from your mind. There is no such thing as customer service either. Cheapest way to fix xxx issue will always win in the end regardless of company or item purchased.

The biggest factor will be having a spine and following it thru. If they make it right in a reasonable amount of time, fine, if not, get yourself a new car out of it :-) As a side note, document every contact you make and phone call made in either direction as well as exactly what you are told during the process.
I don't turn wrenches for a living, but I've been turning wrenches on cars and trucks for many years. It's fun and you learn a lot. In many cases, I had to work in rather primitive conditions, not some fully equipped shop with lots of help. That taught me a lot and made be a better mechanic..err...wrench turner IMO.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote