View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 05:23 PM   #4
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
I would be using the rear view mirror camera, not the backup camera. A switch similar to how your headlight switch would work to switch what you see on the screen if using the standard backup camera. Only problem is you would need to be in reverse to see it. Which is why i'm looking at using my rearview mirror camera. All i have to do there is flip the lever on the camera. I am not real familiar with POC (power over coaxial). Just trying to figure the wiring out now. Shouldn't be that hard once i have the wiring figured out. or i may just disconnect the rear camera cable from the mirror and connect the front camera directly to the mirror. Don't use the rear view mirror camera anyway.
A few things....
The camera connected to your rear view mirror is a “specific” camera. So you cant just connect any camera. So far, the cameras that can be used are either ones pulled from 2019-2020 spoilers, sharkfin antenna cameras on 2020s, or 2019+ Silverado cameras pulled from high mount stop lights. The poc cable uses connectors called “fakra”. I recently found a fakra video switch. I’ve been thinking of doing what you are attempting. I was able to get a camera that was pulled from a 2019 spoiler. Besides that all youd need is more wire to feed the new camera.