View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 11:34 PM   #354
Rinker

Drives: 17' SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post

I still love Miatas but they still haven't found a fix for the transmission issues with track use (after 5th revision of the tranny) and that is troubling. I also didn't notice any major advantage of being a lightweight car (except maybe at a few tight turns) and was scratching my head, I already knew the high speed stability would be better on the Camaro since it's longer wheelbase but didn't expect that my heavy Camaro can still keep up at many corners.. what I can tell from the data. NA V8 power is definitely much better of course, my straightaway speeds were only 2-3 mph faster with SC than the NA Miata so that alone tells me something wasn't translating good to the real world conditions

I didn't have to do anything for the rear (no tucking wires ..etc) and I checked the liners all seems fine for now.

For the front, since the offset pushes all the additional wheel, some grinding on the knuckle should do the job with ZLE fitment. I didn't have any issues. I don't use any spacer front and rear also
Thanks for the info, and were you still able to maintain aggressive alignment specs? 2.6+ in front and 1.6+ in rear? - I'm just super surprised you're able to fit such a big wheel while maintaining a good alignment spec. May jump on getting the same ARC8's but staggered (19x11 & 19x12) since squared 19x10.5 will be out of stock for a while. - really interested in your results/comparisons over the next few track days.
Rinker is offline   Reply With Quote