View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phowingt View Post
I have a 2018 Camaro 2SS A8 and have had it for about a year and all that is done to it is a Rotofab CAI and 305 Nitto NT555G2 rear tires. I plan to put some Texas Speed long tubes on the car soon and a supercharger.I've been reading a lot about the pros and cons on the Centri Vs PD superchargers and I think I want to go with a PD. My goal of the car is to have around 600whp because I have read that that is a safe range for the stock internals and will be fine with the stock fuel system but I also want something that still will cruise without overheating because I go to a lot of car shows and cruises. ( If those numbers are not right please correct me).

Any suggestions on which supercharger I should run because I daily drive the car and I want something that will be reliable. I plan to install the supercharger with my father because he has been building drag cars his whole life and wanted to be the one to install but he doesn't know much about tuning the newer cars so need some suggestions on a tuner to go with. I live in Mississippi and haven't heard on any tuners near me so most likely will end up going with a remote tune from someone.

Also when I was shopping for them I noticed that the Magnuson has an optional $2000 intercooler system and I'm confused whether or not I would need it.

You'll want to probably consider some better rear tires. I had a brand new set of those very same ones and they would not hold traction AT ALL and I'm no where near the low end torque Im sure you'll be at with a PD blower.

BTW, out of curiosity regarding the research you did between the Pro's and Cons of PD vs Centri. What was it specifically that led you to go with PD?
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote