View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 PM   #9
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
It comes with a twin in it. It also has a dual mass flywheel. Its a stupid combination, a twin and a dual mass flywheel make for awful low speed, low rpm drivability. Has anyone one noticed the cars tendency to stall during very low speed driving like when your idling and easing the clutch in order to either creep or very slowing take off, that's one of the side affects. Its also a heavy combo.
I replaced mine with Centerforce's new twin and lightweight flywheel, better and smoother engagement, engine revs quicker and no more stalling issue at low speeds, actually bumper to bumper drivability is greatly improved.
As you can gather I am not a fan of the stock clutch, but I also am not staying stock for long so I upgraded.
Here are pics are of the stock clutch and the Centerforce on a scale.
I feel I am the only one this does not make sense to. A heavier flywheel helps in the stalling and lower speed operation concerning a clutch. yes a lighter one will let the engine rev more freely but also not have the same inertia when disengaging the clutch taking off in first gear. One of the down sides to a carbon fiber driveshaft and lightweight clutch. Plus side pick up some hidden horsepower for the top end.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote