View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I'm coming from using Zaino on my '02 Firehawk. That was the stuff to use back in '02-ish. So when I got my 2011 Camaro, I used it on that car too and got great results. On my 2018 1LE, I want to ceramic coat the paint with CQuartz. I've been doing lots of reading and have decided on using CarPro products for the most part.

However, I'm confused about protecting the surface after I've got the ceramic coating on it. Does it just need a sealant at that point (Reload for example), or is there more to it?

My car is a daily driver (though I don't actually drive it every day) that will be exposed to Chicago winters. I'm sure I won't be able to re-apply Reload during the winter as I can't even wash the car most of that season.

Also, this forum needs stickies with general info. It seems like the same questions get asked over and over in thread after thread.
Find the post here by Joe about Hydrofoam. It's a carpro product and is a mild coating product and also a wash. Works well, all you need. You could also do a rinseless in your garage in the winter using carpro Ech20.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote