View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
KuroOkami

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Is now the right time to order a 2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE?

Hi all,
I am new here on the forums, so let me just start by saying hi. My favorite car has always been a 68 Camaro RS/SS. That was the car from the movie "Better Off Dead" which I saw as a kid. I immediately fell in love with the car, but unfortunately got my dreams crushed when I discovered you couldn't rebuild a car in a day with the generic owners manual. (See the movie if you need more explanation) But I never stopped loving that Camaro.

Then as I grew up I took the route of growing a family and being responsible, so mostly had responsible family cars. Even my G35 was the 4-door sedan.

But now that I'm 44, don't need the family car anymore, I want something unpractical and fun to drive. My must have's to start was RWD, manual trans, drivers car, but a manual in this day and age really limited my options. My brother races and builds Miatas, so I know how those are. I tried Subaru's BRZ, and while fun, I thought the same thing I read everywhere, not enough power. I have also been a fan of American muscle so even tried the new Mustang GT, but honestly, I hated the feel of their manual transmission. So I'm going back to my dream of the Camaro and I just love the new 2020 2SS 1LE. It has all the tech and comforts that I want while still being an awesome car to drive.

I have found a decent dealer to work with, Paradise Chevrolet in Temecula, CA, but it seems to get everything I want, I will have to order my car. But it seems from browsing the forums that now might not be the best time to order/buy a Camaro. Not much in the way or rebates/discounts. So I was wondering what the community thought. What would you do if it were you? Would you order and buy a new Camaro now? or wait for better deals to come.

What I'm looking for:
2020 Camaro 2SS 1LE Coupe

Riverside Blue
Manual w/ PDR

No convertable
No NAV
No sunroof
No other stickers and stripes

(not very complicated, but apparently not a popular combination)

I'm not really looking for opinion on getting deals by just grabbing something off the lot or changing the options I want. At 44, I want what I want, and looking around the inventories within 2000 miles of me, I will have to order the car to get the options I want. So, is now the right time, or should I wait?
KuroOkami is offline   Reply With Quote