View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 08:34 PM   #138
Bangkok_ZL1
ZL1 Believer

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
OK, I'm bringing this thread back. Because as you all know I just pulled the supercharger. And in doing so, I loosened up the vacuum piece that opens the supercharger. and when I loosened it up low and behold, the vacuum boost module didn't line up with the bolt holes. Mine is 1/4th the bolt holes out of alignment. Which means that the module is already pressing the valve shut long before there is no vacuum. and I can certainly feel it once the bolts were loosened. So what does this mean? Logical thinking would say that you have vacuum long before the valve is opened taking away a critical jump on the accelerator. It would also say that when you are cruising at a particular speed and only a small amount of vacuum is created (for example you have CC on while you're highway driving), the "Boost valve" isn't going to open with small fluctuations in vacuum. Logic will also tell you that you might save some fuel if you're kept out of boost without reason. Now I'm an amateur with this car. But this thread caused a lot of people to check the "stop" position. However, unscrewing it will really show you what's happening. Cause once you do loosen the screws, it presses against you pretty hard.
Bangkok_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote