View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #85
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
My biggest gripe with the GTR is that it is just too plain civilian looking. Half the time I don't even know it's a GTR until I actually look at it. It just does not stand out like a Shelby or ZL1 does. And you're right about the performance. However from a dig I do think the GTR has the advantage due to AWD. And once you start modding them I think the GTR will go faster and still be much more live-able as a DD. But like you said, when you factor in that for the price of a used 4 year old GTR you can get a brand new fully optioned ZL1 then the go to is the ZL1.

In my case it is the opposite. For what I have planned it would not make sense to buy a brand new GT350 when I can get a low mileage one for mid $40K and then put the $15K into it to make it what I want and end up with a 800+ RWHP GT350 and a total price spent of around $55K to $60K. Plus since I'll be voiding the warranty right off the bat, I'd rather not spend the extra money for a brand new one and then have no warranty.
I think the GT-Rs look good, but yeah, a bit pedestrian from the front. From the rear and side profile, though, they look like a sports car IMO. They have the long hood, fastback, and short deck proportions that look good; similar to the Mustang or Camaro.

I also have massive sticker shock looking at the GT-R NISMO pricetag. If I had $215k to spend on a car, a NISMO GT-R would probably be my last choice. Off the top of my head, I'd go 911 Turbo S, McLaren 570S, AMG GT R, Ferrari Roma, etc., before a $215k GT-R.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote