View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #29
El Chorizo

Drives: 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
Hi El Chorizo...thanks...I should have been more specific with my question (I'm familiar with how power shifting works--I actually started this thread!). What I found interesting was your information about how "The stock ECU will pull TPS by default so you can "powershift" safely."

How do you know this...is it documented in the manual or other GM offerings? Not doubting you...I just like to have the source, so when I tell my LS3 driver friends, they will feel confident that they have factual information.

Ahh sorry about that.

I've verified this by logging my runs at the track in HP Tuners and then reviewing the logs afterwards.

When I run down the track I never lift to shift, so when I reviewed the logs and saw the TPS dip upon every shift I knew the ECU was pulling TPS.

Also, I had noticed that the RPM's never really climbed when I would stab the clutch so that kind of verifies it for me.

Anyone who logs a run should be able to verify this as well by looking at the TPS graph vs MPH and RPM.

As a side note, I'm not sure if this is a "torque management" feature or part of the full/main ECU, still investigating that.
2010 Camaro 2SS, 700RWHP, 667RWTQ @ 9psi - 11.03@124 @ 3600 ft. elevation TVS2300, Ported Stock Heads, Ported TB, Comp Cam, RPS Twin Disk, Kooks 2" LT's, Kooks 3" Catback, Dual ZR1 Fuel Pumps, H&R Springs, Barton STS, Hendrix Axles, BMR Trailing Arms, Snow Methanol Kit, Rotofab CAI.

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2006 Cherokee SRT8.
2014 Mercedes CLA (On Order) / CLA Forum
El Chorizo is offline   Reply With Quote