Thread: Club F1FTY
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 08:41 AM   #14411
AmericanMike

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Finally found time to replace my side marker lights I bought from Phastek, but I'll start with a little bit of history.

When I bought my F1FTY brand new in December 2017 I knew right away I wanted to black out the tail lights, 3rd brake light and side markers. I saw an offer to get ORACLE side marker for around $180 and scooped them up. I Plasti-Dip'd them to get them tinted dark enough to my liking. This spring the right side front marker had a few LED's burn out leaving a broken line which instantly started driving me nuts. I contacted ORACLE know they were out of warranty and was searching to buy just the one light. ORACLE would only sell in sets and offered me a small discount but with shipping still drove the price back to around $180.

Searching around I saw Phastek offering lights by HERO for under $100. I snapped them up and installed them this weekend. I love them. The front yellow is more yellow than the ORACLE which was closer to orange for me. The tint and finish of these were bang on. The only caveat to this was that you need the original bulb connectors from your original lights. Thankfully I learned to be a bit of a hoarder from my stepfather and kept the original lights. So many times over the past years I was tempted to toss them but so glad I didn't!!

Anyway attached are a few pics of before and after.
Attached Images

AmericanMike is offline   Reply With Quote