View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_jungy View Post
Here is the pic of the LED bulbs. I bought them off ebay for only about $40 which shipped from China... Perhaps faulty bulbs then?
Based on your pic, they should work as-is, although I must say they look very el cheapo. If neither lit up, you might want to test them separately with a 12V DC power supply, they might be just faulty units or damaged in transit.

BTW I bought rebadged Supernova V3's tested in the video below, currently selling at $60 a pair on amazon (you need two, an H11 pair for low beams and another HB3 one for high beams) and they worked like a charm. (The version I bought had aluminum cooling fins, ie passive cooling, which I personally prefer to these minuscule fans that are badly prone to rattling after a while, the tradeoff was that I could not replace all the protective covers, which runs a risk of hazing in high humidity. Didn't happen to me, though. And in the meantime I realized I couldn't live without the RS/SS eyebrow LED's and replaced the entire headlight assy, oh well.)

Last edited by arpad_m; 12-29-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: layout, typo
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote