View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #201
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I read this entire thread and there are some great points written about why the camaro is failing in sales. Some folks pointed out putting an LT5 in the camaro would help. I personally would love to see that but I don't think it would help one bit. Chevy barely sells ZL1 Camaro's so adding more power to it and increasing the price due to a better engine, suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, etc (because you know they aren't just going to give the car more power and call it a day) isn't going to help one bit.

Also those of you who ragged on Chevy for putting "10 year old engine in the z28" must not know truly how capable the LS7 was/still is. I would take that motor over the Voodoo and any other NA engine out there. It's still that good despite the major flaw it has in regards to valve's dropping but I would address that.

As other's have mentioned, Chevy needs to advertise and make the V6 and Turbo 4 car more interesting. Maybe drop the price a bit on them as well. Next time you are on the road, count how many mustangs you see through the course of the week and take note of whether or not they are a V8 or a turbo 4/V6. I bet the ratio will be 1.5 V8's for every 10 mustang's you see. SS/GT/RT cars just aren't the cars that sell for these companies. You need to make sure the base models sell by making them more attractive with nice options packages, then try to focus on the V8's selling. I and everyone on this board who are true auto enthusiasts are a VERY small percentage of buyers.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote