View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 10:38 PM   #5287
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I have a 17 Malibu, 1.5L with start stop and I do not like it. The starter noise drives me nuts, and the little thud when it starts again. I had a 2007 Saturn Vue with different version of start stop and it was much better. I loved the Vue, but the battery replacement was going to kill me. I changed the batteries twice while it was still under warranty so I decided to sell the car before It was on my dime.
I’m pretty certain that what you had was a Saturn Vue Greenline, which is not a Stop Start, but is actually a Belt Alternator Starter (BAS) mild hybrid system. The Alternator and Starter are integrated into one unit that is powered by the hybrid battery. That is the battery you were no doubt trying to not replace. It is very similar to the first Honda Civic hybrids, except for on the Honda, the hybrid motor was placed on the back of the engine, (Flywheel Alternator Starter or FAS) not on the accessory drive like a BAS.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Last edited by Martinjlm; 05-21-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote