View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #14
Starbreaker1968

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6
Answer to the reply about not just getting a SS if I wanted more power. Well that is easy, I ran into some money and was working 30 yrs running a railroad company with my brother so most of my life I had to drive company cars which were Ford Explorers, etc and last was a Toyota Venza. Well had to go on disability and thought I want a sportier car for myself for once in my life. Motor trend had just named 2016 Camaro car of the year as did others. I liked new look and traded in my Venza and payed rest in cash too have no payment. I cant remember exactly but when all said and done, taxes, title, fees, extended warranty I was at like $38,000! A lot of darn money and was ecstatic with the V6, still pretty feisty and the SS sticker price was around another 10 to 12 thousand more at the time!!! I was in love with my shiny new Camaro, lots of looks. After four years I thought of supercharger at times but not seriously, but had saved enough that 7,500.00 wasn't going to break me so I jumped in, not a racer at all. Like a pool table, may not always play alot but nice to have when you want too. A hobby to just add stuff too it.

On Mustang Dynamometer at WeaponX Motorsports, here are the numbers,

1st pull - 8/3/20 stock with CAI and muffler delete - 253 TQ 304 RWHP 5th gear base pull

2nd pull - 8/7/20 Procharger, they custom tuned it 336 TQ 433 RWHP

Note: I thought first stock pull would be more around 270's considering drive train loss but he told me having a CAI and Muffler delete probably added 30+ gain...He don't care much about crank hp because its just a guess and varies so much but if forced into a opinion, he said HP at crank engine would be atleast 500+ hp! It made a monstrous difference. I am plenty happy with it.
Starbreaker1968 is offline   Reply With Quote