View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 01:06 PM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VChula View Post
I thought about getting the Griot's cordless orbiter (I'm a long time Griot's guy).
Were you able to polish the car on a single charge?

Have you tried their BOSS products?

I used the BOSS fast correcting cream on my car before I went to the last CamaroFest and was amazed by the results, along with the super easy removal and lack of dust residue.
This cordless orbital only has 1 speed, 3500 OPM, and a very small throw, only 5mm. It's good for applying waxes, sealants, and AIO products, but doesn't have enough power or throw to do any type of paint correction (swirls, etching, wetsand mark removal, etc). It's fairly expensive at $240. The benefits are it doesn't have a cord, has low vibration, and weighs less than a standard DA.

The griots 6" has a variable speed, up to 6800 OPM, and an 8mm throw, which make it capable of doing paint correction.

The Boss polishers are Griots version of the Rupes long throw machines. These machines have less vibration then a standard DA, but offer faster correction and finishing due to their larger throw (15mm or 21mm). They are expensive though at $360 plus.

If your only doing your Camaro, and maybe one other car, the Griots 6" is your best bang for the buck polisher. Several sites have it on sale now for around $120. You can also purchase 5" and 3 1/2" backing plates, for use with 5.5" and 4" pads, which work better than 6 1/2" on a car with as many curves as the Camaro has.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote