View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 07:54 AM   #80
GrimReaperSS

Drives: 2001 Onyx Black/Ebony SS. 427/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Just because my girlfriend is a hottie doesn't mean that the doctor gets to take her for a spin when she goes for a checkup.

As the late great Sheriff Bufford T. Justice would say, "You can think about it... but donnnn't do it."
Good stuff! Haha. Glad there is some sense of humor, was waiting to just get roasted, lol. Like I said, as a tech, I feel I'm on the respectful side. It is not my car, so I won't do anything to it that will jeopardize its condition or my job for that matter. Always like returning my customers cars in better condition than when they brought them in (if possible).
I was speaking with a co-worker about this post, who is currently a Porsche Parts Dept guy but was a Nissan/Chevrolet tech at the dealer across the street some time ago. He was telling me about a 5th gen ZL1 that had come in. Customer complaint: Vehicle will not do donuts any more. Apparently the guy had curbed his car and had it repaired at a Chevy dealerships body shop on the other side of the city. Afterward, seems he was right back to his driving habits and couldn't get the car to do donuts anymore. He brought it in and said he didn't want it back until he could resume his donuts. Apparently nothing wrong with the car, just he had forgotten how to turn off all the driving nannies. Of course, the tech had to ensure the car would do as the customer wanted, so they went out and did some donuts in a nearby empty parking lot. I can only imagine what other people passing by were thinking, when in actuality they were doing what this customer wanted. When the customer returned, they showed him how to disable everything. When leaving, he promptly left in a burn out down the street, haha. I understand this not the norm, but just shows that not eveything at a dealer is mistchif.
I've been on the receiving end of a call one time after I returned from an extended test drive. The customers friend had seen the car on the side of the freeway with the hazards on, called their friend to notify them to which they called the advisor wanting to know why their car was on the side of the freeway. The vehicle was in for a transmission shifting concern and what they didnt know is that in order to program the downshifts on this vehicle, you have to get up to speed in 7th gear (highest available for that transmission) and then coast all the way down to 1st without touchilng the brakes. The only place available to do so, without breaking the speed limit., was the freeway. This had to be performed multiple times in order for the vehicle to recognize "good" downshifts between every gear. Sometimes it will only recognize 1 or 2 downshifts out off all 6, so you have to repeat and repeat until you've gotten them all mutiple times.
GrimReaperSS is offline   Reply With Quote