View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 06:03 PM   #79
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Weren't you the one who kept saying that Shelby owners don't care about performance and that they'll still buy the Shelby and the name alone is the draw for it? When I said the GT PP2 would not elbow in on Shelby performance levels you argued all those points. Or at least one of you did. Now all of a sudden it would cost them GT350 sales? Wow.

The GT PP2 is already going to cost them sales over the Shelby because why spend Shelby money when you can get the much cheaper GT PP2 and throw a cooler on it? But then again I don't think Mustang guys are practical at all anyway. If the SS simply needed a cooler to consistently keep up with the ZL1 then I would have bought the SS fully optioned and saved money. What sense does it make to buy a Shelby at this point? Just to have a Mustang that is slower than a GT and the Bullitt in a straight line and just a hair faster than the PP2 while costing significantly more than all of them? No thanks.
Nah you got the wrong guy I never said anything about Shelby owners not caring about performance. The Shelby is an amazing performer. What I said was that the Shelby's major draw is the FPC , good looks and the Shelby cache. Something a PP2 that needs coolers added will never have. I'm skeptical that people who can afford a Shelby will settle for a PP2 even if it had coolers, but I believe that Ford does not want the PP2 to be nipping at the Shelby's heels regardless.

The Shelby is past it's prime at this point, but its selling so Ford will keep it in the lineup until the GT500 releases.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote