View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
I think that with time, you'll find that certain items permanently "live" in your Rubber Maid style box(es), so the actual check list won't be as long

I think you'll also find that your alignment camber values will be inadequate to maintain even tire wear. Common wisdom has been to max F camber on stock bolts vs follow GM manual recommendations. Fyi my values are 2.6F and 1.6R and my tire wear has been very good.

I'd also add Rockauto.com as a excellent source of Camaro consumables, especially brake parts.

Note, that both the tranny and diff fluid life should be measured in track hrs or days vs miles. Per the manual, tranny at 15hrs and the diff at 24hrs, but i change both after 7 track days (about 14 hrs) Note that the diff is an integral part of Camaro handling and works very hard on a road course. Even after 7 days the fluid comes out looking like tar. NB if you have an auto tranny, its level has to be changed at a dealer before any track duty.

Also, switching alignment back to street after each track event will add tons of $ to your budget and imo is not at all necessary. Bleeding brakes before EACH track event is also not necessary even with lesser fluids than SRF.
One item worth paying attention to "health wise" is brake pad wear. They wear about 1mm per track day (your experience may vary). When they equal the backing plate they are about 50% done and will wear faster. So, it is worth recording number of track days and checking how much pads are left before an event.

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote