View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:26 PM   #1
TWG1
TWG1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZLE
Track Pack & Prep List

Greetings-

I'm gearing up for my first ever vehicle track day. I did quite a few on sportbikes a few years ago, but I'm trading some safety for a whole lot more money this time around. (I'm learning Sportbikes are WAY cheaper to track).

I've got a freshly broken in 2019 ZL1. I've hawked all the common issues: brake fluid, intercooler bleeding/reservoir, PPF on Front end and front of rear quarters. My aim in this pack list is to build a checklist to take a weekend car to the track, and then back to street duty. I'm limited by driving to/from the track, so I've got to be efficient.

Provided for your use and critique is my current pack/prep list and vehicle health log. Pack/Prep should be self-explanatory - one page for prep checklists and another for pack checklists. Vehicle health is a session-by-session vehicle data log from various sources. I used a version of this on sportbikes and it was a good reference, particularly if you hit multiple tracks. You can use the data to tease out trends and vehicle weaknesses that different tracks induce.

Please let me know if you have any wisdom that can make this a better product. In exchange, I'll update the files and re-post a final version at a later date. Many thanks!

-TWG1
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ZL1 Track Pack & Prep List.pdf (181.4 KB, 227 views)
File Type: pdf Vehicle Health Log.pdf (390.1 KB, 181 views)
TWG1 is offline   Reply With Quote