View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 04:54 AM   #116
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89

I'm very interested in your impressions on your AWE exhaust. If I go this route, it will definitely be with your intended set up (touring cans with black tips).

My plan would be to also add the performance link pipes. Dang, there is a sh*t ton of catalysts on these cars, fortunately I am not subject to CARB. Either are you for that matter; Why not delete the secondary's? Perhaps a question for another day.

Seriously, I'm torn like an old sweater. The Billy Boat system looks truly awesome as well. Both are quality built with super sexy welds and aesthetics. BB also has NPP, not essential but a definite bonus. BUT, and personally to me it's a big one; the BB has flange fittings, IMHO so much more durable and solid than slip, drip and clamp. Albeit a bit more spendy.

FWIW, my Dad has a BB system on his C6 ZR1, I actually installed it for him and OMG; the fit and finish is sublime... then there is that incredible sound.

Anyway, sorry for the dissertation. Let us know your opinions on the AWE after installation and of course some miles and a few pulls.

I'm not in a rush but I hope to pull the exhaust system trigger pretty soon.

Thanks in advance,
A

Last edited by waterman; 10-16-2018 at 04:59 AM. Reason: omition
waterman is offline   Reply With Quote