Thread: Hellcat vs ZL1
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:29 AM   #7
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
I own a Hellcat Charger. Before I say anything else, let me point out that I'm planning on adding a ZL1 after the holiday season.

As a sports car: The ZL1 STOMPS the Hellcat because it has NEARLY the same power, but has world class handling. On a road course, the Hellcat in dead meat. End of story.

As a muscle car on the track: The Hellcat, setup correctly, is quicker. High 10's are common with just drag radials. I don't see ANY ZL1's doing that at all. People who own both already stated that the big Cat is a quicker car.

As a road car: Hellcat (especially the Charger) is a REAL 4-5 seat family machine with a huge trunk. There is no comparison at all for comfort and utility. Hellcat for the easy win.

General driving: It's going to be a drivers race. On the open road the Hellcat has LONG legs. All the way to over 200 MPH. Sheesh. But better stock rubber and a more planted chassis makes the ZL1 feel a lot more stable to me. It's not too hard to get to 60 MPH in under 4 seconds in the ZL1. But with the 275's you'll struggle to do that with a Hellcat and need great technique. Some folks have managed 3.4 second (car and driver) and I've seen 3.2 a few times.

Bottom line: Only a fool won't own BOTH of these fantastic cars! ;-)

R
That is one of the best statements I've ever read. here is a guy who really appreciate two cars. There is no rivalry between those two. Both of them are damn good and powerful cars. I would buy both of them if I could.

Last edited by Soleil; 08-27-2017 at 02:55 AM.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote