View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #5
MeanGreen1LE

Drives: 17 krypton green 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Did you calibrate the pump and make changes to DTC codes in HP Tuners? (May require calibration) If not I would definitely talk to the person at Katech that does their HP Tuning. Contact Dan Chandler at Katech he does aftermarket sales and is a great guy to help out with problems like this. Good Luck

586-791-4120 x223
I have the KAT-A7502 it says on their site it requires no tuning. You do have to tune the pumps that are made for the trucks as they do run higher pressures.
I actually emailed Dan and he has gave me a couple of suggestions.
He mentioned unplugging the solenoid to see if their was any change but I don't think you can do that without pulling timing cover which means pulling dang oil pan anyways.
I wonder if you can turn it off with hptuners?

I want to check with a mechanical oil pressure gauge but I'm unsure of where to put one. If i Put one on factory sender port on the valley plate I know the car will really freak out. (maybe a Y or T there?) There is a threaded plug a little above oil filter but I'm not sure if its pressured by oil system behind there.
I've also seen adapter plates for LT1 but they seem to be for corvettes maybe as the oil cooling set up I think is different. Seems like I read somewhere that it would be good to check the difference between pressure by oil pump and valley plate.
I appreciate you throwing out ideas!!
MeanGreen1LE is offline   Reply With Quote