View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 PM   #6
locktyght

Drives: Summit White 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Follow up- start with a 1/4" drill bit and move up to 5/16th's bit, if this happens to you it is fixable. Chevy probably will sell a new stud insert, but punching the old one out from under the car did not seem possible (I tried!) So I drilled it out and replaced with a 1" 10mm bolt with a 13mm head to match the 13mm nut on the bottom that I had in the tool box.

You can drill out the "stud" (similar to a lug nut bolt) and carefully hold it in place as you thread thread the nut from the bottom side (IOW- contort your hand painfully to reach where ever you need to go!).

Be patient (lots of beer breaks) and lift each side of the suspension to align the end link bolt and all will be good!

Remember- have fun!
I did the same! However, I was lucky enough to hammer it out.

1-Go buy a torch from bed bath and beyond, like a chef would use. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cake-bo...?skuId=4554886

2- apply heat to the head of the stud, take a tea light candle and place on it after its hot, this lets the wax seep into the crevices, and lubes it up.

3- hop under the car with a punch and hammer and knock it out.

4- replace with better fasteners than gm and carry on. I marked the head and the bolt side just to make sure ive not had any movement, and after multiple track days and autoX events, all is well.