View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 11:01 AM   #106
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
If it isn’t a sports car, what motor sports does the 6th gen Camaro fail channel to the driver? It seems more at home on a road course than about any other car available now, how many other cars have a manufacturer who will warranty a car that is driven in anger for hours on a track?
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
Have you even owned a G6? Handling wise, it's way more sports car than sporty car, or straight-line drag car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't want to argue opinions...but....

Base Camaro = sporty car
Camaro SS = (toss up?)
Camaro 1LE and above = sports car.

Agree or disagree, but the level of performance that can be had with the 6th gen, makes it a true sports car. It may not be a Corvette, but when you have levels of performance that encroach into that territory and beyond, I think it deserves to be recognized as a sports car.

...aaand I'm out.
Having worked on both Corvette and Camaro, Corvette is the Sports Car and Camaro is the Pony Car. From a purist POV and I won’t argue one bit with other thoughts or opinions, all valid here.

Doesn’t matter how well it handles, it’s just a 2+2.

GM has marketed the Camaro as BOTH a Sports Car and a Muscle Car and for me it’s laughable to be both.

This is one where I have my opinion and totally respect those that think differently. You aren’t wrong.