View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 08:44 AM   #11
DPE

Drives: 2023 1SS
From what I understand it's almost always pad deposits (pads get too hot and deposit material unevenly onto the rotors; rotors themselves aren't actually warping), but I've had that same thing on other cars where they get to vibrating under hard use and then go back to normal once they cool off. Anyway, good to know they remain functional, even if one has to buy a few rotors.

1LE brake upgrade is about $2500 if you shop around. Saw the ZZP one, but my car is coming with red calipers which would look a little strange having silver up front and red in back. For the $500 difference, I'd probably just get the 1LE kit. Or possibly neither and just run it mostly stock this year, as is the point of starting this thread.

Camarolina, what Ferodo pads are you running? And why not just stick with the OEM pads? Not suggesting I think you should have, just curious why the change as it sounds like the OEMs did reasonably well. And curious if you would stick with Ferodo. A friend ran DS2500s on a Cayman S and likes them pretty well as a dual-purpose pad, but I've never tried them.