Thread: Ship or drive?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 08:19 AM   #53
eCkO

Drives: '23 Sharkskin Gray LT1 RS "JAWZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick81 View Post
Wow, lots of feedback. Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I've been pretty busy with work lately otherwise I would have been more active in the thread.

As far as what I have decided, I am going to go ahead and just ship it. The weather gives me the biggest concern, and feel like I would be too stressed to really enjoy the trip. Plus I wouldn't really have the opportunity to enjoy the trip as I would be doing it as quick as possible. I have driven cross country four times now, and one of these times I would like to actually take my take and enjoy the drive.

Buying so far away wasn't ideal, but there were no real options out here in Washington. There are no high volume Camaro dealers, and every one I inquired with required an ADM. I got in touch with Jim Trenary Chevrolet after a recommendation from another member here and they have been easy to work with. I put my order in with them in the beginning of November, and it was built the end of February. They also will accept supplier discount.

So yes, I will miss out on the experience of walking into the dealership and driving off with my car, but after the news last week of the Camaro coming to an end, I am just happy to be getting exactly what I wanted and not missing out (or settling).

Eric
+1 on the best possible decision. You're right, you likely wouldn't be able to enjoy the trip back. I'm excited for you to receive your baby so post lots of pics when she arrives. Hopefully they can at least get a delivery video for you. Good luck.
eCkO is offline   Reply With Quote