View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 06:30 PM   #2
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I can't tell you from experience, as I'm already tracking the larger front calipers that you are contemplating (along with the Ferodo pads, SRF fluid, and SC3 tires) as part of the 1LE package. All works well and I'm experiencing no pad fade or soft pedal for 2 HPDE seasons.

I would say though that if you are going to have a chance of the SS stock calipers being sufficient, you probably should have stock rubber (or similar TW) on the wheels. Stricker tires will inevitably lead to higher exit speeds, more speed and momentum at the end of following straights (especially if you are trying to brake later), and more punishment on the OEM pads. Upgrade the pads, and you'll generate more heat, which are going to punish the caliper seals.

But if you are willing to give the OEMs a try (what have you got to lose?), be sure to remove the tire aero guards, large rotor splash shields (in favor of the smaller ones), and install the deflectors that come with the car as per the GM track prep guide. And of course better brake fluid.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote