View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 08:06 AM   #24
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjwilson View Post
A few 'CONS' along the way with the Whipple 3.0 so far:
1. Whipple's Customer Service is Horrible (Dealer or Consumer). Even the dealers can't pick up the phone and get answers, as Whipple wants everything via email or talk to their sales rep. Luckily I have an inside contact that is somewhat responsive to my questions...
2. Bosch Coolant Pump is JUNK... spend $8k on a supercharger and Whipple provides a replacement of the Varimax to Bosch pump which is well sh**... comparing the Bosch pump to the Pierburg Coolant Pump is night and day... run time will tell if the Pierburg pump is the real deal. Thanks to Josh on the comparison chart- (Note: even the place I bought the Pierburg pump from laughed at me when I told him that I had a bosch pump that failed- that should tell you something.) Whipple wanted the dealer to BUY another Bosch pump that should be covered under warranty because it failed within 5 minutes of use? WTH??? speechless
3. Whipple should provide more options to buy on the lower pulley (and upper for that matter)... luckily the aftermarket has taken up this slack.

Overall, pleased so far with the build but more to come I am sure.
1. Can confirm…

2. The Varimax/Bosch units are similar to the OEM ZL1 units. They’re ok for people running 6-10 psi but if you’re going for big power, then yeah, they’re not going to work out well.

3. Whipple does offer pulleys at last check (7”, 8”, 9” on lower) but rather just hit up TooHighPSI for the lower and Griptec for the upper anyway.